Lisa Venn is an expert in healthcare consumer rights, patient grievance regulations, and conflict resolution. She has been an advocate for healthcare consumers for 25 years and is the owner of Advocate Alliance.Educated at Case Western Reserve University, Lisa holds a Juris Doctorate of Law and a Master’s Degree in Sociology. Lisa is available to speak to patients, advocates, and healthcare providers about protecting patients’ rights and improving patient experience.She provides consultative services such as auditing healthcare providers’ patient grievance and complaint process; implementing patient rights, grievance and service recovery policies and procedures; and training staff in complaint/grievance management; health care investigation; and conflict resolution.
- 2013 and 2014 Indiana Society of Healthcare Consumer Advocates Annual Conferences.
- 2011 Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services webinar “Grievance and Complaint Management.”
- 2010 Health Care Compliance Association National Conference, “Solving Patient Grievances While Avoiding Compliance Snares.”
- 2008 American Health Lawyers Association National Fraud and Compliance Forum, “Complying with CMS Hospital Patient Grievance Regulations.”
- Advocate’s Guide to Improving Patient Experience. Amazon 2014.
- Improving Patient Experience: 50 Things Every Advocate Must Know. Amazon 2013.
- Professional’s Guide to Resolving Patient Grievances. Amazon 2012.
- “The Role of Compliance in the Quest to Improve Patient Experience” Compliance Today (April 2012).
- “A New Look at the Hospital Patient Grievance Process” Hospital Peer Review (December 2009).
- “Establishing a Patient Grievance Process: More than Just a CMS Mandate.” Synergy (July/August 2008)